Middle High School:
- January 2021 – MHS Breakfast
- January 2021 – MHS Lunch – revised
- December 2020 – MHS Breakfast
- December 2020 – MHS Lunch
- January 2021 – CES Breakfast
- January 2021 – CES Lunch
- December 2020 – CES Breakfast
- December 2020 – CES Lunch
Partnering with Shane Gives Thanks Food Pantry
In our ongoing effort to ensure that every child age 0-21 has access to free nutritious meals in our community, both in school and during school vacations, we have teamed up with Shane Gives Thanks Food Pantry to distribute curb-side pickup of breakfast and lunch every Wednesday from 1-4 pm.
We know it’s more critical than ever to ensure our community is well nourished and you don’t have to tackle this challenge alone. Project Bread has determined that 1 in 5 Massachusetts households with children is now food insecure, almost doubling from 1 in 9 households prior to the start of the pandemic.
Starting Wednesday, December 30, 2020, breakfast and lunch meal bags will be distributed at Shane Gives Thanks Food Pantry at 128 Main St. #2 (look for the Orange Door) from 1-4 pm. This distribution is only on Wednesdays, from 1-4 pm.
All other options are still in practice during school days:
- Curb-side pickup of meals at the Carver Elementary School on Mondays & Wednesdays 11:30-12:30.
- Take home meals on Tuesday & Fridays (3 breakfast & 3 lunches) at dismissal. Students can pick up these meals at dismissal in the cafeteria. Email [email protected]
- Students at the Elementary School are able to grab a single meal bag, which includes 1 lunch and 1 breakfast option in the lobby as they exit the building at the end of every school day.
- And now, Shane Gives Thanks Food Pantry. Wednesday only. 1-4 pm.
We are thankful the role Shane Gives Thanks Food Pantry will play in protecting and preserving the role school meals play in our community. We hope one of these options will accommodate you and your family.
Please reach out with any questions you may have.
District Director of Food & Nutrition Services
FOOD SERVICES DEPARTMENT
Director: Theresa Vernazzaro
Please see the following resources with additional information:
- Free & Reduced Lunches
FY21 Application Directions
FAQs and How to’s
You can apply at any time during the school year for Free and Reduced Lunch. For example, children with a parent or guardian who becomes unemployed may become eligible for free and reduced price meals if the household income drops below the income limit.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
Benefits and Application for Families
The average food benefit is $215 per month for a SNAP household of 2 in Massachusetts. SNAP benefits are calculated based on household size, income, expenses, and other nonfinancial criteria.
- Carver Public Schools: WELLNESS POLICY
- Non-Discrimination Statement