Multilingual Learners (M.L.)
On this page you will find resources and introduction to staff members who are dedicated to serving and assisting Multilingual (M.L.) students and families.
- الدليل المترجم لتسجيل الطلاب عبر الإنترنت: اللغة العربية (Arabic)
- Guía traducida de registro en línea para estudiantes (Spanish)
- Guia Traduzido do Registro Online do Aluno (Portuguese)
- 학생 온라인 등록 번역 가이드 (Korean)
- વિદ્યાર્થી ઓનલાઇન નોંધણી અનુવાદ માર્ગદર્શિકા (Gujarati)
- Đăng ký trực tuyến dành cho sinh viên Hướng dẫn đã dịch (Vietnamese)
- أدلة الوالدين لأداة اتصال ClassTag (Arabic)
- Guías para padres sobre la herramienta de comunicación ClassTag (Spanish)
- Guias dos Pais para a Ferramenta de Comunicação ClassTag (Portuguese)
- ClassTag 통신 도구에 대한 상위 안내서 (Korean)
- ક્લાસટેગ કોમ્યુનિકેશન ટૂલ માટે માતાપિતા માર્ગદર્શિકાઓ (Gujarati)
- Hướng dẫn dành cho phụ huynh về Công cụ giao tiếp ClassTag (Vietnamese)
MEET THE TEACHERS
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL – PRESCHOOL – GRADE 5
My name is Pat Tobin and I am the ML (Multilingual learner) Teacher at Carver Elementary School. In my roll as ML Teacher, I provide English language development support for each ML student using both push-in and pull-out models. I work closely with all SEI (Sheltered English Immersion) endorsed classroom teachers to ensure each ML child receives the English language support they need to be successful in each content area. I believe a close relationship between home and school is important for each student’s academic success. I am here to support both you and your child. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance or support. I look forward to working with you to ensure the best education for your child.
MIDDLE HIGH SCHOOL – GRADES 6-12
My name is Beth Goodwin and I have been teaching at Carver Middle High School for sixteen years. In that time span, I have taught English Language Arts grades 6-12, reading in sixth grade, coached middle school basketball, and now, I enjoy my most treasured position, ML Teacher. This role is important to me, because I enjoy acting as a bridge between home and school. I hope to assist not only the students but their families in navigating academics, after school activities, and their college and career aspirations. I would love to hear from you! Please feel free to contact me any time to insure the success of your student!
ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT OF TEACHING AND LEARNING
My name is Meredith Erickson and I help lead the teaching and learning in the school district. I work closely with Mrs. Tobin and Mrs. Goodwin to make sure your students receive support in acquiring the english language. I am available to help support you with any questions you may have as we partner together to learn about one another and create a welcoming environment that celebrates all students and their unique backgrounds.
Email: [email protected]