Parent Helps for Technology Use
There are many resources to help parents set limits and navigate the discussions about how and when technology use is appropriate.
Chromebook Deployment for students in grades 7-9 started September 26, 2016. In order to receive a Chromebook, students had to have:
1) a current signed Acceptable Use Policy on file in the office, and
2) have submitted proof of Chromebook Insurance. *pictures of the device do not need to be uploaded to the insurance company if purchased prior to 9/30/2016.
Please note that cases are not provided to students. If a student wishes to purchase a case, please use the specs in this Chromebook Specs Datasheet to help guide this. Students may not decorate their Chromebook unless they purchase a case for it.
INSURANCE CLAIM FORM
(parents will need the serial number of the device as provided in the letter mailed home from CMHS last August)
Any questions regarding your Worth Avenue (formerly GoCare) account should be addressed directly with their customer service department by calling 1-800-620-2885.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Many questions regarding the use and care of Chromebooks can be found in the parent presentation.
- Do I have to keep the box that Chromebook comes home in?
We are asking all parents to keep the box in case it is needed for shipping for repair.
- Can I change the insurance option I selected? Insurance policies are handled directly between the parent and GoCare. They do not routinely allow for a policy change but can discuss what options may exist if you contact Worth Avenue Group (formerly GoCare) directly at 1-800-620-2885.
- How with CMHS be using Chromebooks for learning?
A visioning process took place beginning August 2015 to develop a technology vision and how integrating technology can improve student learning. The Carver Technology Vision Plan details a three-year proposed roll out to support student learning.
- What happens in my child’s Chromebook needs to be sent in for repair?
The parent files the claim (complete INSURANCE CLAIM FORM and email it to Worth Avenue Group) The parent lets the school know that a claim has been filed (fill out this quick form: CMHS Claim Verification Form) and this allows the student to use a Chromebook during a class, if needed (first come first serve) until the Chromebook is repaired and shipped back.
– Questions can be addressed to Janelle Holley, Principal.